Friday, June 19, 2009

Looking ahead to more basses

Was talking to Steven last night - there are more basses to be built and I gotta get on it!
Next builds, ready to go:
Sarah's Tele-shaped bass. Can't tell you more than that as it's a surprise.
DvR's Tele. Plain and simple Tele with humbucker in the neck position.
New templates for me. I'll build a new SG template, a P-Bass template, a J-bass template and a Thunderbird template before doing anything else.

Future builds:
Craft a neck and see how that goes...
Lefty Tele with a righty-strat neck. Yeah, weird but it'll work.
Lefty neck-through T-Bird for me.
Lefty, 35" scale bass (not sure of body style) for me (this one's tricky - I'm thinking of ordering a completely blank neck from Warmoth and doing the fret-work myself)
2 or 3 lefty Steinberger-style, small-body basses and possibly a guitar. I may get the body wood soon on this project. Bubinga. Is very niiiiice.

No comments: