Friday, June 19, 2009

Bass build update 5

Ok, lots to update although I've done no work since last weekend.
Using the rasp I'm able to take huuuuuuge chunks of wood out and I can shape the edges any way I want. Oh the power, how beautiful it is.
My order shipped today from Ohio. I hope it doesn't take too long - it's coming USPS. We shall see. Sadly, I'm missing 2 tuning heads for my bass... they'll ship later. Sarah gets all her parts though.
Next, in no particular order:
Finish carving the body
Route pickup holes
Install bridge
Carve control knobs
Install sound block
Drill grounding tunnel to bridge post
Route control cavity
Find a pleasing stain colour and apply it
Buy an oscillating barrel sander
Finish-sand the body
Apply Danish Oil finish
Install neck
Install all electronics
Install strings
Set-it up
Plug in, play.

No comments: