Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bass Build Updates - General

So I've actually been working on all the basses and the tele. Pics to come.
The tele is red now. With a washed-out black border. It looks pretty hot. I like it.
The tele bass is undergoing many coats of finish right now while I wait for the MM PU template. I'll build a one-off ebony PU ring to make it pretty.
Mine... well... mine's a bit of a hack-job, frankly. I've learned everything from that one, so it's chock-full of mistakes. The latest lesson is don't work with purpleheart unless you have the right tools. It's too darned hard. So I'll be digging out rough holes for the PUs and then building PU rings from veneer. Lessons learned.
There are more projects in the pipeline already. I think I'll do an SX mod sooner, rather than later. We shall see.

No comments: