Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bass build update 7

Sorry, no new pics at this point. Received most of my hardware. Got it shipped from Guitarpartsresource.com. I recommend them for now. Jess is very nice.
won't be spending any time building until after Sabypalooza - www.sabypalooza.com.
Neck pocket update: routed out a big chunk so I could put a piece of padouk in there. Everything fits nicely, I just have to sand the bottom of the huge cavity so I can get the laminate to bind properly. I'm thinking of making a pseudo mortar from white glue and sawdust to fill in the cracks. I think this may work well. We shall see.
Woodworking update: laminated 2 pieces of hardwood together to begin building a custom Awalé board. Should be fun.
Broken Gibson Headstock update: fixed my buddy's Gibby. Headstock snapped. Surprise, surprise. Glued it back but now have to clean up all the glue and fill in thepaint chips. Gonna use black ink on the wood and glue and cover with crazy glue in layers until chips are invisible. Fun fun fun.

No comments: